Sharp stabbing pain at the ends of your toes?! Ingrown toenail affecting your walking?! Don’t ignore your toe pain! Seek medical care from your local foot doctor as soon as possible!
What are Some Common Causes of Ingrown Toenails?
- Cutting the corners of nails instead of cutting them straight across
- Wearing tight shoes
- Onychomycosis (toenail fungus) or bacteria in the toenail
- Toe injury
- Cutting toenails too short
What are Some At Home Ingrown Toenail Treatments?
- Soaking the toe in Epsom salt
- Applying topical antibiotics and/or antifungals
- Massaging the toenail fold away from the toenail
- Oral medication
- Avoiding shoes that are too tight
When Should I See My Podiatrist?
- If there are any signs of toe infection (warmth, redness, drainage, pus)
- If pain does not go away quickly (Toe pain is not normal!)
Our Podiatrists (foot doctors) in Marietta, GA perform ingrown toenail surgery!