Summer is great for a variety of reasons! More ice cream, vacations, going to the beach, relaxing by the pool, and school is out!
While out having a good time, it is still important to take proper care of your feet!
Here are a few helpful tips to help ensure a fun-filled summer:
- Wear shoes, sandals, boots or any other footwear when outside. It is also very important to keep your feet protected by pools or even in hotel rooms!
- If you’re taking a day to sit around and watch Netflix or Disney+, make sure to keep stretching and exercising your feet and legs to keep your blood pumping and prevent clots!
- Continue hydrating and maintain proper electrolyte intake
- Remember to use sunscreen on your feet and toes as well! Melanoma and other adverse dermatologic conditions can happen to your feet too!
- Quickly address any foot or toe wound. Flush the wound with sterile water if possible, dry well, and cover with antibiotic ointment and a dressing. Reach out to your local Podiatrist!
- Keep your feet moisturized and prevent peeling, cracking, and fissuring!
- Wear moleskin or other adhesive friction-reducing pads to prevent blisters!
- If you think you have an ankle fracture or foot fracture, reach out to your Podiatrist!
- Don’t wear shoes or socks that are wet from sweat or water!
If you have any questions or concerns about your feet, please reach out to us to see Drs. Goldfine!