Skip to main content

Feet Doctors

Podiatrist? Chiropodist? Feet Doctors? Foot and Ankle Surgeon? Lower Extremity Specialist?
Wound Care Specialist? Doctor of Podiatric Medicine?


What is a Podiatrist?


A Podiatrist is a foot and ankle physician who provides both surgical and medical treatment options for their patients. They are lower extremity professionals who diagnose and treat an array of lower extremity pathology.

Podiatrists complete four years of podiatric medical school, followed by three years of hospital residency training. Podiatry hospital residency training covers a variety of fields (Vascular Surgery, Pathology, Radiology, General Surgery, etc), but the main focus is on lower extremity medical and surgical intervention.


Why See a Podiatrist?

Foot and Ankle Pain

Everyday foot and ankle pain should not be accepted as normal. Our feet and ankles sustain constant weight and pressure throughout the day while we are ambulating. Our feet are complicated intricate structures that are made of 26 bones, 33 joints, and over one hundred tendons, muscles, and ligaments. Foot and ankle pain can alter the way we walk, affect our daily lives, be uncomfortable, or even be an indicator of a more serious underlying condition.


Yellow Nails and Discolored Skin

Our lower extremities are also made up of blood vessels, skin, and toenails. Yellow toenails and other changes might be caused by fungal infections, bacterial infections, trauma, ingrown toenails, or other pathology. Discoloration to our skin may be caused by circulation issues, injury, infection, or a serious underlying condition.


Ball of Foot Pain?

Call us at (678) 593-3127


Ryan Goldfine, DPM Dr. Ryan Goldfine is a board certified foot and ankle surgeon. He is a Marietta Podiatrist.

You Might Also Enjoy...

When Should I See a Podiatrist (Foot Doctor)?

Taking care of your feet may start with proper hygiene and shoes, but foot and ankle pain or discomfort should be closely monitored and treated. If you notice changes or pain in your feet, you may need to see a Podiatrist. It is not normal to have pain or